Saturday 20 June 2015

Inokashira Hydrangea Route: Nishi-Eifuku

Set 1714F of the EMU Keio 1000 series travels on the Inokashira Line near Nishi-Eifuku Station
 
It is the rainy season again in Tokyo. On June 8th, the Japan Meteorological Agency announced that this year's rainy season had begun in the Tokyo metropolitan area. We have been having hot and humid days. At times like that, the only thing that saves my gloomy feelings is viewing hydrangeas which come into flower this season. One of the beautiful spots is on the Inokashira Line of the Keio Electric Railway.

My destination was Nishi-Eifuku Station. It is a typical residential area in a western suburb of Tokyo. In this season, full blown hydrangeas are seen here and there along the railway track. I was born there, so, it should be my "territory"; however...

When I visited there last weekend, I saw many photo lovers shooting the hydrangea flowers and the trains. Just three years ago, it was an undiscovered hydrangea viewing spot, but it has become famous. After a five minute stroll, I could secure my photogenic spot near the station somehow or other.

My first shot was right behind of the set 1714F of the EMU Keio 1000 series with full blown hydrangeas. I shot it from a railway crossing just after opening the gate bar. Using a telephoto lens, I could manage to capture both retreating train and flowers in one frame of the photo. My second target was a side view of the passing train looking over the hydrangeas along the track. I could manage to capture the set 1704F with blue colored hydrangea flowers. Not bad.
 
Set 1704F of the EMU Keio 1000 series travels on the Inokashira Line near Nishi-Eifuku Station